Saturday, July 5, 2014

Shaklee Peanut Butter Protein Balls

     My Grand Opening is coming up in two weeks, and I wanted to try out some new recipes (plus I was feeling snacky). This one was at the top of my list and would be easy to prepare. Wow. It turned out yummy. I was very excited! My husband popped one in his mouth, chewed it up, and said, "it's kind of thick." I hadn't had that issue, as I had carefully dissected it in several small bites, enjoying the flavors, and savoring the peanut butter (I LOVE peanut butter - it's a good thing no one in my house is allergic to peanuts). So, keep in mind, they are PEANUT BUTTER protein balls, and have the texture you would expect with peanut butter being one of the main ingredients. I also enjoyed the slight flavoring of the honey, making them sweet, but not too sweet.

The ingredients


Dump into your bowl


Mix with hands until it binds together

Roll into balls and enjoy!

Shaklee Peanut Butter Protein Balls

1/4 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
1/2 cup Shaklee Vanilla Essential Soy Protein Powder
1/4 cup instant oats
1T ground flax seeds
1/4 cup honey
2T water (if needed to moisten)

Mix all ingredients except for the water together (you will probably need to use your hands). Add water 1 T at a time until the mixture will form a ball. Roll into 1 inch balls and refrigerate. This made 16 protein balls.

As always, I adapted the recipe slightly for the ingredients I had on hand. Afterwards I thought it might work to add Shaklee Fiber Plan (unflavored), or if there is a nursing mother around, you could add some Brewers Yeast to help with milk production. Just adjust the water accordingly. Try these and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment